Try this delicious breakfast muffins recipe for a veggie packed breakfast. These muffins are vegetarian (unless you choose to add cooked bacon or prawns), low carb, full of vitamins and make a great start to the day.
- 1 bell pepper (your favourite colour)
- 3 spring onions
- 4 little cherry tomatoes/one normal tomato
- 6 Eggs
- A good pinch of salt (about ¼ to ½ tsp)
Optional – these all go great with this recipe..
Add whatever you fancy!
- 2 slices cheese; around 50g (eg. cheddar)
- Handful spinach/green leaves
- 2-3 splashes of hot sauce or curry powder
You will also need a 12 hole muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Wash and dice the pepper, onions and tomatoes and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and salt and mix well.
- Optionally add some hot sauce, curry powder…whatever you like. Hot sauce is great!
- Grease the muffin tin with oil and kitchen paper/baking brush and pour the egg mixture evenly into
the muffin slots.
- If you’re so inclined then layering some cheese over the top of each muffin before they go into the oven is a delicious addition! You can also mix in the cheese to the batter.
- Pop the tray into the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch.
Pop out the breakfast muffins and eat them hot or cold – delicious!
If you would like to recieve regular healthy eating and fitness tips from me, please sign up to my newsletter and you will also revieved my Protein Packed breakfast guide