OMG What has happened to my Tummy???!
You love your new bundle of joy but may not love your new tummy so much
- Your skin stretched to accommodate your growing baby.
- Your abdominal muscles lengthened and stretched too & you were not able to ‘work’ them via exercise as before.
- The incisions made during your C -section procedure has created a temporary tissue and nerve disconnection between your brain and your tummy muscles which will take time to re-establish and repair
- The mid-point of your abdominal muscles (The Linea Alba) has stretched to accommodate your growing baby.
- Your abdominal area has developed cellulite & is generally wobbly and un-toned.
Is There Any Hope?
- Skin can regain it’s good tone once stretched – it’s pretty elastic but sadly this ‘pinging-back’ mechanism lessens as you age.
- Abdominal muscles once stretched, can be strengthened and shortened – ABSOLUTELY!
- A ‘disconnected’ C- section tummy can become reconnected and string again… ABSOLUTELY!
- The Linea Alba can regain it’s strength naturally, the closer to your birth the better your chances.
- Cellulite has 4 main contributing factors: Your hormones (namely excess oestrogen), Storage of excess calories as fat, Storage of toxins in fat cells, Poor circulation
- You can do a few things immediately to help the situation: Skin brushing, reducing fat intake and calories generally, exercising off your fat stores, cutting out toxins (ie tea coffee, alcohol, processed food).
I have worked with post-natal mums for many years, helping them put their bodies back together with safe and effective exercise and good nutrition.
I CAN HELP TO EXPLAIN ……
- What happens to our bodies during pregnancy and in the postnatal period and suitable exercise at these important times
- The Pelvic Floor.. what it is, where it is and how it works
- Check for diastasis recti (separation of abdominal muscles)
- Nutrition for fat loss
- Home pelvic floor and abdominal exercises to promote healing
- Post Natal Exercise Program
I offer post natal Personal Training in St Margaret’s and New Malden
For more information please contact and book your initial consultation me on 07946 256982.